Saturday, March 29, 2014

Project 1 of 525- One become Four

So I had lofty hopes of documenting all our completed projects as we renovated our new house and turned it into a home. Sadly I haven't, as someone who likes to have things done yesterday I felt like we weren't making any progress. Actually I was kind of depressed about it, here it had been a 6 weeks of pre-move in renovations and now we have lived here for nearly 2 months and it isn't finished to perfection. Right how terrible is that, at this point it should look like we've lived her for 8 years or so I thought. Today I had to remind my self that I called this project 525 because it wasn't one project for perfection but many projects to get us there. I mean really its because it our address and but made me feel better so why not. So this is my therapy, a completed project.

Project # 1

When we purchased this house it only had one bedroom and then a large "rec" room (32ft X 20ft) on the second floor. So before we moved in we wanted - needed to create some bedrooms. We renovated the rec-room creating an office, guest room, Bryce's room, and a hallway.
Original floor plan- master on left and "rec" room on right

pre-renovation
mid- renovations- Looking at the studded walls for what is now three rooms.

New floor plan (right side of the stairs only)

Pre-renovation

mid- renovation- awesome hole, I mean hallway I smashed open

first room -office

second room- Guest room


Third room- Bryce's 
 Now because these rooms are not at 100%, ie: it looks like a magazine, I had been feeling like we hadn't made progress. but really we have finished a very large project. Actually the weekend we did this four projects were finished. We ran electrical - Project 2 and it works, replace a damaged floor joist in the crawl space- Project 3 and stop a leak in the up-stairs bathroom- Project 4. 
Project 2
In all actuality at this point, just in this area alone we have completed at least 15 projects (the rooms are fully functional, all though not finished, FINISHED) but more on that progress later.

No comments:

Post a Comment